I am terrible about making posts to this blog. It is such a new thing to me that I just plain forget to do it. Also wonder if anybody would really be interesting in anything that I have to post.
March was quite hectic for me but it looks like April may not be any better. I dusted off the old clarinet in January and joined the orchestra to play in the GCT production of "THE MUSIC MAN". Could hardly believe that I could actually still play the thing after so many years. (Hadn't played since college in 1974). Anyway, we had rehearsals in March every day (or evening) except for Wednesday and Sunday, for three hours or more. Then at the end of the month we did seven performances. Needless to say I got to know the plot of the play pretty well after all of that. It was a lot of fun and I look forward to doing it again next year when they do "The Sound of Music".
I am still taking on-line classes working towards my bachelors degree in Business Administration but will officially graduate on May 5th of this year. I still have to complete two classes this summer to get the signed diploma but after 6 years of taking classes two more shouldn't be too difficult. I enjoy learning and exercising my brain so it wasn't really so bad. Just seems like I spend too much time on the computer between work and homework.
Last week I had both Evan and Kayleigh staying with us. They are full of life and energy and this grammy has a hard time keeping up with them. But we had a lot of fun and the week just flew by. Krista and Scott had a few days off for spring break so I volunteered to keep Kayleigh so they could really have a vacation. It wasn't originally planned that I would have Evan too but he was without daycare that week. I think it was good they were both here because they entertained each other while I was working.
I will try to get some pictures posted again of all three of the grandkids when I get them downloaded into the computer. They are still all in the camera.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Aileen, I am so glad you have a blog! Being way down here in Texas, it is SO good to feel in touch with people I grew up close to. I applaud your clarinet resurrection - I tried playing my trumpet a few years ago and I sure couldn't get it to do much! :) I wish I were closer so I could come see the plays! Mom used to drive the bus that took the senior citizens down to see the annual play and mom always loved it. She and Linda usually ended up going the next night too. Next time your girls are home, snap a picture of them and put it on your blog! I saw one of Krista on Jocelyn's blog - so nice to see her! Anyway, please keep posting! Have a good day.
Post a Comment