Sunday, March 16, 2008

What a Week

Well this was a wild and crazy week. Tuesday I met Krista to pick up her girls and bring them home with me for the remainder of the week. I had orchestra practice that night so Gary got to have the privilage of putting them to bed the first night. Both girls are really good about going to bed so it wasn't much of a challenge for him. When I got home both girls and Papa were all sound asleep. On Wednesday I stayed home from work and Brooklyn joined us for the afternoon. Grammy sure had her hands full with 3 girls. Seems like one would go down for a nap and the other would just get up from a nap. I admire those moms that have twins or more and can keep their sanity. It was amazing that I did get as much done around here as I did. Thursday I took Kayleigh and Keira with me to work and it went pretty smoothly. Kayleigh keeps herself pretty well entertained and Keira was really good. I had orchestra practice again on Thursday night so once more Papa got to put the girls to bed.

When I got home the dogs followed me in the house and immediately Sadie started crying and barking. She just couldn't seem to get settled and she was licking herself wildly. I found a rather ugly looking sore near her right back leg on her stomach. I decided to wait until morning to see how things were but she was having no part of being left alone in the livingroom. She would only stop crying and barking if I was right next to her. So I coaxed her into the bedroom beside the bed and got her to settle down. Friday morning Gary took her to the vet and he fixed her up. Not sure exactly what happened but he said she either got caught in something or was in a fight and got bit. Considering she rarely leaves the yard I don't think she got caught in anything and we do have some mean neighbor dogs that like to come into our yard and intimidate our dogs. The scary thing is the fact that there was a mountain lion killed just a couple of miles from here earlier this week and we often have coyotes and fox go through here. Anyway, I won't post pictures because it is pretty ugly, but she has a drainage tube and numerous stitches that will have to come out in about 2 weeks. The vet said she had two very nasty, ragged, deep cuts and she has to take "huge" antibotic pills twice a day for a week. She is feeling better today but wasn't worth much on Friday and Saturday.

Our predicted snow storm did not materialize (fortunately) but it is rather cold, windy and cloudy. We did have about an inch of snow when we woke up but it was gone before noon. I think I will be extremely glad when Spring is here and better yet when it is summer.
The last thing that took place this week was the completion of the floor in our other building. It turned out beautiful and now we kind of wish we had taken up all of the carpet and finished the whole thing. I haven't taken pictures yet of the completed floor but will post some when I do.

Here are a few pictures of the girls from this week.






Happy St. Patricks Day to anyone out there who is Irish!

No comments: